iCube CSI – Jacksonville, FL
Must have a Green Card or be a US Citizen.
- Enhances and leverages investment in corporate data resources by providing data analysis support, modeling support and coordination of corporate data resources.
- Leads data design efforts and assists software engineers in data source discovery, data modeling, metadata capture and normalization techniques.
Primary Activities and Responsibilities:
- Administer the incoming Service Requests and maintenance workload using the Service Management and Request Tool.
- Incrementally develop conceptual, logical and physical data models for new database objects using ER/Studio CASE tool
- Maintain existing database objects, from software engineer provided requirements or data definition language (DDL) using ER/Studio Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tool.
- Lead database design sessions and capture data requirements for software engineering or re-engineering projects
- Collaborate with database administrators on storage requirements, performance strategy; primary and foreign key constraints, placement of tables within table spaces, indexing strategy, and DDL implementation.
- Ensure the integrity of all production databases through a structured change control process.
- Advocate for Data Management principles and capabilities within the organization
- Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems/Technology or related major field of study
- 3 or more years of Non-Supervisory work experience required in a data architecture / administration function working with relational databases, performing data design, modeling, normalization responsibilities and working with CASE methodologies and tools.
In addition to meeting the above qualifications, any of the following are preferred:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Systems/ Technology.
- 3 or more years of Non-Supervisory experience in data modeling and administration using the ER/Studio CASE tool
- 5 years or more years of experience
- Strong advocate for data management principles to the organization and working in a team environment
- Significant experience in Software development
- Understanding of data requirements in complex environments
- Significant Experience with Data Architecture Design and Implementation
- Experience with data management technologies that includes XML, semantic matching, data analysis, data standardization, ETL, data integration, data profiling, data cleansing and metadata management
- Mainframe skills (TSO, JCL, QMF), Oracle PL/SQL skills
- Microsoft Office skills (Access, Visio, Excel)
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills
- Strong relationship and customer service skills
- Time management and organizational planning skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to collaborate with team members to meet project deadlines and milestones